Thursday, March 24, 2016

Celebrating Easter week--(my Woodland Tabletop nest)

Easter is one of my most special times to display my Woodland Tabletop nest.  Of all the nests that I have created (and I have made a few!) this nest is one of my all time favorites...




we have a large group of naturalized daffodils
in the wooded section 
of our back yard... 

I'm always looking for opportunities
to photograph
in the woods...

 this has been the longest winter...
for so many reasons.
I don't think I have ever longed for 
spring as I have this year.. 

 every year,
 usually in December...
I pack my car with overnight supplies
in case bad weather forces me to
be stranded at work. 

usually,
 it takes me about 40 minutes
to drive to the hospital where I work...
I'm terrified of driving on slick roads in winter,
so if it snows or the roads get icy while I am at work,
I just plan to stay at a hotel close by..

just yesterday...
I unpacked my car and put away
my winter supplies!

 for me--
it is now officially SPRING!


I'm wishing you all
a wonderful and blessed
 Easter with your 
families..

some info about my
Woodland Table top nest...
the nest is 4 1/2 inches tall
the circumference around the nest
is 47 inches

while I do occasionally
have one of these nests listed in my ETSY shop--
you should consider that they are
mostly 
available by
special order only...

my Woodland Table top nest
on display in my home...
(my curio cabinet is filled with
found nests and eggs
that I have collected over the years..)


for those of you who might not know~
I'm hosting a little 
Spring giveaway of these pretty mugs..
you can go here to enter
before March 31.

Wherever you are, I hope that you are enjoying the days and the change of seasons.  Whether you are approaching Spring (like us) or Fall (to my lovely friends who live down under).... everyday is a blessing. 
xoxo
Vicki


23 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Looks very nice, love the eggs in the nest

Unknown said...

Vickie, you have outdone yourself. Beautiful as usual. We have a newly downed tree and I am planning on filling the stump with sedums, can't wait to see how it goes.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Easter Vicki Your nest and your photography is so gorgeous-I hope the weather cooperates for a warm weekend for you-we have turned to cold and blustery winds here-I had to dig out my down winter coat today ugh
hugs Kathy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow - such a spectacular nest AND beautiful flowers too!! Here we have been suffering through a winter ice storm and there are definitely no flowers to be seen. Hopefully this will be the last of it and we can get on with spring.

Karen B. said...

Dear Vicki,
everything looks so lovely and your nest is just beautiful.
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Kaisievic said...

Your nest is just amazing - so beautiful, my dear. Happy Easter.

Julia said...

Your big Easter nest is just beautiful way to celebrate Spring. It sure looks like Spring at your place, here the ground is still covered with the latest snowstorm and bad winter weather again forecasted for tomorrow. I'm glad Spring is just around the corner, as soon as the temperatures goes up the snow will go.
Happy Easter.
Hugs,
JB


Jeanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki!!

Quinn said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, Vicki - from another who is "always looking for opportunities to photograph in the woods" :)

Thelma said...

Your woodland nest is gorgeous. Nice work.
I can relate to driving to work on winter roads. I live in Eastern Canada.
Our daffodils are still covered in snow here.
Happy Easter.

Createology said...

May you enJOY a wonderful warm Spring and a lovely Easter. I have my Woodland Nest on display and I LOVE it. Happy Easter Blessings Dear...

Kim said...

Such a lovely nest; perfect for celebrating Easter. Those daffodils are gorgeous, heralding hope for Spring.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Your pictures are lovely and makes me feel Springy all over.

The last few years that I worked, I kept a pillow, blanket,and extra toiletries and makeup at work during the winter in case I was snowed in at the office.. I, also, became very frightened of driving in winter storms after having been in some very scary skidding accidents. I hate winter and am so glad that I no longer have to deal with getting to work on those snowy days.

Mereknits said...

That nest is so beautiful Vickie. Glad you were able to unpack your car for the Spring and Summer.
Hugs to you and happy Easter,
Meredith

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's spring at Thistle Cove Farm and love the work of your hands and heart, Vicki!

Julie Marie said...

So gorgeous dear Vicki!... my original woodland nests from you have birdies on them right now... waiting for their "eggs" to hatch!... love you sweet friend!... Happy Easter to you and your family, xoxo Julie Marie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful nest and daffodils. Happy Spring! Happy Easter!

Dorthe said...

Oh it is amazing, Vicki, so very big, in the most wonderful yarns ,and colors like spring, and filled to the brim with pastel colored eggs. What a joy for you, to watch in your room.
I`m glad you at last could let go of your "winter" packing in the car, and now only hope for real spring weather. Here it is bitterly cold, most days, and I`m still wearing my winter coat, hat and scharf, when out.
Dear friend, you are in my thoughts every day, and I pray for you and your family, all will be well, with the coming of spring ,sun and warmth.
Many blessings to you, for a Happy Easter, and summer.
Sending you love, dear .
Dorthe

BluMoon said...

Wow! that is a really gorgeous nest Vicki, so full of beautiful eggs too, hope you have a lovely Easter.
Jackie

yaya said...

Glad your car is unpacked and Spring has found you! I hope it's a good season for you and your family. I think your nest is beautiful and your photos always make me smile. Happy Easter and I too am very grateful Winter is officially over...although I won't rule out cold or snow until later in April around here!

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Está hermoso, como todo lo que haces.
Realmente precioso.
Besitos
Maru

Anonymous said...

I have a large glass vase filled with some of the different eggs I've purchased various places. I would hang them from branches, but my cat thinks that makes them fair game. I love your nest. I wonder if in another year she would leave them...hmm. Thanks for the idea.
Helen

Countrylovers said...

Dear Vicki,

that is absolutely the most beautiful nest I have ever seen. And these lovely eggs. Have you coloured them?
We are waiting here for spring too. It´s was a long an rainy winter. Everybody wants to go out for a walk in the fresh air hoping that that the warmth of the sunshine surrounds us.

All the best for you and your family, hugs Barbara