Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Walk with Maddy

This post was supposed to be all about my new hat - but who could care about a silly little hat when these pictures of Maddy are so adorable!


Maddy and her Auntie Vicki went for a little walk outside so that she could look at all the leaves on the ground. She loves to be outside and when you say "lets go outside" she starts to wiggle and smiles and holds her hands up for me to pick her up!



OK - now look at my new hat! I knitted this little hat (so easy) while we were on our two week cruise to the Caribbean. Seemed so silly to be knitting a winter hat while sitting in the sun on the top deck of the cruise ship - but sure felt good to be wearing it today!


This little slouch hat was so fun and easy to make. It uses two skeins of Lion Brand Thick and Quick or about 150 yards of your yarn of choice. It uses basic straight knitting stitches on size 11 needles. Easy!


When you are done - you just gather up the top and then seam up the sides. I am definitely making more of these - in fact there is another one on my needles now.


Enough of the hat - isn't Maddy adorable! She has grown a bunch in the two weeks that I have been gone!


Auntie Vicki will have to make a slouch hat for Maddy girl--


She is just too cute ! Thanks to Maddy's MeMe for taking these great pictures!



3 comments:

Caprice said...

She looks just like her mommy!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how fast Maddy is growing. She looks just like Treva! It is amazing. You're right, how cute would that hat be on her!
M

Louise said...

Maddy is adorable. I like your hat too :)